My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://plump.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

the good and the bad

The good news is that we ate amazing food the other night and it was all gluten free...even the amazing chocolate tart I made was without a trace of wheat. I'm still very impressed with myself for that one.

The bad news is that I'm having some not-so-hot side effects from the thyroid meds. At least I hope they're side effects and not something else. I will say, that a couple of days ago I felt great and really thought they were already having a good effect. But I haven't slept properly for 3 nights now. I can go to sleep fine but I'm waking up and staying awake for ages, every couple of hours. I feel like I haven't been to bed. Consequently, I have a headache permanently and yesterday I threw up a couple of times too. I'm also feeling really depressed - so depressed that I can't even get myself to work today.

I'm really not sure what to do. I know that if I go back to the doc, she'll pull me off the meds straight away - 'cos she wasn't keen to give them to me in the first place. I don't want to stop taking them just yet though because I'm scared of what that'll mean for TTC.

I feel like such a silly complainer. I know that many women have far more traumatic, extended, painful fertility issues than this. And I am really pleased that we discovered all this now and not in 12 months time but I still feel pissed off that my dramatic Aries self has been reduced to this pathetic, whining misery-guts.

Meanwhile, Ducks is having a horrible time at work. Yesterday, she was called in for a 'meeting' to discuss the fact that she was 5 minutes late. This, despite the fact that most mornings she's 15 minutes early and stays back at least half an hour most nights. And while it may not sound like a big deal, it is in the scheme of all the other things her bosses pull on her - like expecting her to eat her lunch in the office so that she can answer the phone while everyone else goes out. She's not the f**king receptionist - and even if she were, she should be allowed to leave at lunchtime.

But then, I work in a pretty amazing place as far as worker conditions go. Maybe my expectations are warped from being treated too well??? Regardless, I hate the way they treat her and I hate that she is so unhappy there and I really hate how powerless I feel over it all.

And I hate that this is a miserable and rambly, boring blog entry too.

Off to google side effects of thyroid meds...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that your body seems to be disagreeing with the thyroid meds. How long will you need to stick with them to see an effect? I hope you adjust to them soon and things get easier.

And poor Ducks in her crappy job - that's no way to treat someone!!

Barb said...

GL hon! Remember.. sometimes the "no name" brand (which it sounds like you're on) can have that effect. Maybe you could try the other brand? If you tell the doc that's what you want, maybe she'll listen? I also get those s/e's while in O inducing drugs. ick. AND right around O time and right before periods. it sucks. Sorry you're dealing with this.

The gluten free stuff sounds yummy though!

Anonymous said...

i'm going to the dr today to work this stuff out. it could be completely unrelated too.

btw - thyroxine is synthroid - exactly same stuff, just a different name in australia.

thanks for your thoughts and well wishes :-)

Barb said...

Actually thyroxine is the name of it here too.. the chemical name. Synthroid is the brand name of a certain type. And the chemical named stuff is often not a brand and is formulated slightly differently. There have been many documented cases of people not doing well on it.(including my mother)

Can't wait to hear how your appt goes! I'll blog mine later.