My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://plump.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Calamity

No need for me to worry about a torturous 2ww. I have PLENTY to do to keep me distracted and neurotic and none of it has to do with potential pregnancy. I got a call from my Mum last night saying that she was not up to putting any effort into Christmas this year. She battles with her mental health and she's not doing too well right now. Bearing in mind that I've offered numerous times to host Christmas previously and she wouldn't hear of moving it from her house, I'm a little bit pissed off and not feeling very sympathetic of her. Nonetheless, Christmas is now at our house. I know this will actually make for a more enjoyable day - as Mum is a nutcase when she entertains and her stress levels make it uncomfortable for everyone - but the planning leading up is going to be a killer. And expensive and completely unbudgeted (yes I made up a word) for. eek. Ducks and I were planning on buying a Digital SLR camera for ourselves for Christmas but it's looking further and further out of reach.

In other news, I'm going to a planning meeting for a Valentines Weekend production of The Vagina Monologues tonight. I used to be really into theatre - I did drama right through school but have really haven't nurtured that side of myself since then. I'm looking forward to it with some gentle trepidation. I haven't decided if I want to perform or just be part of the production theme but either way, I think it'll be really good for me.

3 or 4 dpo and doing fine. Am having some acupuncture for implantation this afternoon and really looking forward to it.

4 comments:

sara said...

I love that you are doing theater! I think it is so hard not to just get so wrapped up in all the TTC madness that all other aspects of your self and your life totally disappear-- bravo for focusing elsewhere (and now that you are too busy too obsess too much, this will probably be your month)!

Anonymous said...

The Vagina Monologues is such a fantastic production to get involved with - you'll have a ball!

And a less stressful Christmas sounds like a good thing, even if it means waiting for the camera.

frog said...

Unbudgeted is the word we live our life by, made up or not!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for taking on the holiday. You should get some amazing karma from that. Hopefully at the end of your tww! Have a lovely acupuncture appt.