My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://plump.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Everyone else is doing it...

2007 meme

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?


Tried to conceive.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


Don't do resolutions. The only resolution I have ever made was to quit smoking, 2 years ago. It's been so successful that I don't want to jinx it..

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?


Quite a few online folks did but no one IRL.

4. Did anyone close to you die?


Nope. Thank the stars.

5. What countries did you visit?

Indonesia

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?


A baby

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?


November 24th. The end of the Howard Government!!!! WooHoo.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?


Not quitting my job, despite really really wanting to.

9. What was your biggest failure?


I dropped out of uni - which seems less of a failure now I know that my brain fog was caused by my crappy thyroid.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?


hypothyroid - hashimoto's disease...
and imaginary morning sickness!

11. What was the best thing you bought?


I'm really loving my DSLR though technically it was a xmas present (but it was bought on my credit card!!)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?


Our State Attorney General who is making it legal for Ducks and I to parent - as equals, as recognised by the law.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?


John Howard.

14. Where did most of your money go?


Rent, food, bills. In the scheme of money wasting years, this was one of the better ones!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?


TTC. Going to Bali. TTC. My relationship with Ducks.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?


Rehab - Amy Winehouse. Though I actually had the CD in 2006 but it was 2007 when you couldn't go anywhere without hearing it.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:


a) happier or sadder?
About the same.
b) thinner or fatter?
Fatter.

c) richer or poorer?

Same - which is a great feat considering that my income was the same but my rent is almost twice as much!!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Reading novels. Saving money.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?


Expecting the impossible of myself.

20. How did you spend Christmas?


At home, with my family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?


Ducks and I just spent our 7th Christmas together. I am always falling in love with her.

22. What was your favorite TV program?


Big Love, I guess.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?


Nope

24. What was the best book you read?


I've been a completely slack reader this year. I think I only managed to read 3 novels in total. Fertility and pregnancy books though, I've read 'em all!!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?


I'm not sure if I made many discoveries this year, though I was rather impressed with some of the releases of old favourites. My most recent discovery though has been Bettye LaVette.

26. What did you want and get?


A sperm donor. A DSLR.

27. What did you want and not get?


To be pregnant. A trip to New York and Vancouver.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I loved Once. Really enjoyed 2 Days in Paris. Adored the Leonard Cohen tribute doco - I'm Your Man. Volver was pretty cool too. I went to the movies a lot in 2007!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I went out to dinner with my family. I was 28.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?


Finishing uni. Getting pregnant.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?


Not dissimilar to 2006.

32. What kept you sane?
 Ducks.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?


Beth Ditto, at a stretch. I'm not much of a celebrity crush kinda gal. Oh - Penny Wong, our new enviroment minister is very cool. too bad she's in the labor party though!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?


I'm most stirred by the fact that I really don't get that riled up anymore. Cynicism is now my default.

35. Who did you miss?

Tash.

36. Who was the best new person you met?


too hard.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Heed the lessons of the past. Achievement for the sake of ego building is hollow.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"I can see clearly now..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that. It was a good read! Happy New Year :)

Anonymous said...

hoping you get that 2008 bub!

Barb said...

ooooh I really admire Beth Ditto. She just has that something that makes you want to be friends with her.

Cool post! Mind if I do it sometime? (after I'm out of my current wallowing?)