My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://plump.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Summer in the city




5.30pm on New Years Eve and it's 42 degrees here (107.6 F). The cats are trying to kill each other, the dog is spread flat on the floorboards and we have spent the majority of the day trying to beat the heat. This morning we went to the beach and lasted 20 minutes before we started to fry. This afternoon we managed several hours of respite as we treated ourselves to AC heaven and saw The Darjeeling Limited.

Clearly not a party night for us, we're throwing together a salad and dashing to dinner with friends who have a fully air conditioned house. We may stay there until the cool change comes through... if you don't hear from me for a few days it's because it's still hot!

Happy new year all! May 2008 bring lots of love and luck and babydust.

PS - I still have to tell you all about my Christmas presents!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Yikes! And I thought Florida was hot!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect NYE! I can not imagine that heat. We get up to 100F here, but it's super dry. Now we're freezing and I'd do anything to go to the beach with you!

Lovvved that movie! Natalie Portman was a bit too hungry looking though.

Stay cool! ox